Avocado Filled With Turkey Bacon Crumbles
Cristie Besu, founder of Eat Me Guilt Free and registered nurse and certified sports nutritionist, shares her favorite recipe for a snack or dinner. According to Besu, the recipe is high in protein, and low carb with good fats, so it's great as a snack or meal.
- 1/2 of a Haas avocado
- 3 slices of nitrate-free turkey bacon
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Cook the nitrate-free turkey bacon for three minutes in the microwave on a plate until it's crunchy.
- Cut up the bacon in small pieces or break up with hands once it is cooked.
- Slice the avocado in half and spread lemon juice on the surface on it so it doesn't turn brown before you serve.
- Remove the seed and replace it with the turkey crumbles.