Celebrate St. Patrick's Day with a delicious and nutritious twist! 🍀 This Spinach Chickpea Dip is low-carb, calorie-conscious, and low-sugar - perfect for your St. Patty celebrations!
Spinach Fun Facts:
🥬 Reduces Blood Sugar
🥬 Aids in Good Bone Health
🥬 Aids in Weight Loss
🥬 Good For Your Eyes
🥬 Reduces Hypertension
🥬 Has Anti-inflammatory Properties
🥬 Keeps Your Body Relaxed
🥬 Here's the recipe:
- Eat Me Guilt Free Protein Tortillas
- 1 tablespoon of avocado oil
- 15 oz (1 can) of drained and rinsed chickpeas
- 1 oz of reserved aquafaba (liquid from chickpeas)
- 5 oz of spinach
- As many cloves of garlic as your heart desires
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice your tortillas into chips.
- Spray your tortillas with oil before baking them for 5-10 minutes or until crispy and golden.
- While your tortillas are baking, heat a tablespoon of avocado oil in a deep pan.
- Add your garlic and let cook until fragrant.
- Add your spinach in and stir until wilted.
- Add in your can of chickpeas and reserved aquafaba, allowing it to cook until soft.
- Remove from heat and add the contents of the pan to a food processor (or a blender).
- Blend everything together with a pinch of salt until you have a festive, green hummus!
- OPTIONAL: You can gradually add small amounts of oil to your food processor as you blend to get a smoother consistency. You can also add in ingredients like lemon juice or red pepper flakes to level up the flavor!
Be sure to share your creations with us! Enjoy! 🌈🍀