Posted on November 10 2020
- 1 loaf of Eat Me Guilt Free bread cut into 1-inch cubes - about 12 cups, (see note)
- 3/4 cup ghee or clarified butter
- 2 cups chopped yellow onion
- 1 1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme (sticks discarded)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups vegetable broth
You can dry your bread cubes two ways:
- Place your bread cubes in a large bowl and them sit on the counter covered for 1-2 days to dry out. Stir the bread cubes every once in a while.
- If you don't have time to air-dry your bread, you can toast them. Lay bread cubes on baking sheets in a single layer and toast at 250 degrees for 45-60 minutes stirring every once in a while. Transfer bread cubes to a large bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a skillet, melt the clarified butter/ghee and add the onion and celery. Sauté until vegetables are soft. Pour mixture into the bowl with the bread. Add the parsley, sage, rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper. Stir together.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs. Add the vegetable broth and whisk together. Pour mixture over bread cubes and mix well. Pour into prepared baking dish. Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 10-15 minutes until top is golden brown and middle is set.