Posted on July 03 2020
- 2 cups cashew milk
- 2 tablespoons ghee, more for greasing pan
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup coconut palm sugar
- Pinch Himalayan salt
- ½ loaf Eat Me Guilt Free Protein Bread, cut into 2-inch cubes (about 5 to 6 cups)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, warm cashew milk, ghee, vanilla, coconut palm sugar and salt.
- Continue cooking just until ghee melts; cool.
- Meanwhile, butter a 4-to-6-cup baking dish and fill it with cubed bread.
- Add eggs to cooled milk mixture and whisk; pour mixture over bread.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes, or until custard is set but still a little wobbly and edges of bread have browned.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.