Posted on July 10 2020
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 lb. lean 85-90 ground beef
- 1 (4 oz) can diced mild green chilis (or use hot if you like it spicy)
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (1.25 oz) pkg. low-sodium taco seasoning, such as Ortega (which has cornstarch to thicken)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or monterey jack cheese* (dairy free cashew versions are great)
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1/3 cup plain greek yogurt
- Cherry tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spread EMGF tortilla chips out into an even layer on a rimmed 18 by 13-inch baking sheet, set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a 12-inch non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef in chunks and cook, and crumble tossing beef occasionally until cooked through, about 6 minutes.
- Drain fat.
- Stir in tomato sauce, black beans, green chiles and taco seasoning.
- Spoon mixture evenly over chips. Sprinkle both cheeses over ground beef layer.
- Bake in preheated oven until cheese is melted,
- Add yogurt and serve.